Scholarlyft is a social learning service that allows members to create unique personal profiles online to practice past exam papers, take mock tests and engage in peer-to-peer educational assistance, which is made available on www.scholarlyft.com ((the “Website”).
Together with this, it allows our members to set up unique personal profiles that can be viewed by the world. Members of this online community can view each other’s profiles. To enrich our members' experience, we request and display some personal information to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other. Members can change their profile information at any time and can control how other members and the service communicates with them.
What Information do we collect and for what purpose?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, date of birth, payment information, and e-mail address when you when you register for our Service or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Scholarlyft and any other information you provide to Scholarlyft.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. We may collect information about how you use the Service, your actions on the Service, and content you post to the Service, including the groups you belong to, your interaction with others on the Service, and content you post to the Service, and any content you provide through messages, comments or other functionality ("User Content"). Please remember that Scholarlyft may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using the Service, you consent to the recording, storage and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
We use this information above to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, complete transactions or services requested by you, tailor our programming and services to meet your needs and interests, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
If you choose not to provide personal data, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or respond to your other requests.
Third Party Advertising
Scholarlyft member accounts are secured by member-created passwords. Scholarlyft takes precautions to ensure that member account information is kept private by making the passwords encrypted so nobody can view them (not even the administrator). We use reasonable measures to protect other member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time for any additional information about the security measures we use on Scholarlyft, please contact us a email@example.com
Sharing of your information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information
Remember, our Service allows you to connect and interact with others. Your profile information and other personal information, will be available publicly to other members of the Service by default when you create a profile, interact with others on the Service in public groups, and post content to public spaces.
We may share your personal information with:
The public and other members of the Service. Your content and comments you post to public areas of the Service will be viewable by others on the Service and the public. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public.
- Other users of the Service. We share your information with third parties with whom you communicate with on the Service;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on Scholarlyft with your friends on various social media sites;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- The public when you provide feedback or user content on our site.
- Other parties about a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Scholarlyft, our visitors, or others.
- We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.