The notification for Indian Institute of Space and Technology 2019 has been released. The registrations for IIST B. tech 2019 will be revealed from 22 May 2019.
• The registration will be in online mode only.
• The last date for the registration will be 5 June 2019.
• The official brochure will be released on 07 May 2019.
• Since there is no entrance examination conducted, IIST B.Tech Admission will be done on the basis of JEE Advanced scores. So, the candidates need to fill the details of their JEE ADVANCED. Keep your JEE ADVANCED details safe for the admission purpose.
• The allotment will be done according to the merit list.
Read the complete article to get more information about this process in detail.
IIST 2019 B.Tech Admission 2019
Name of Admission Process
Indian Institute of Space Science and
Technology B.Tech Admission
Criteria of Admission
JEE Advanced 2019 Scores
Mode of Application
Mode of Counseling
IIST B.Tech Admission Dates 2019
The admission dates of IIST B.Tech Admission 2019 provide the candidate's information about when the various admission processes will probably be conducted. Since the latest information has not been released as of yet, the candidates can check the tentative IIST B.Tech 2019 admission dates given below.
Admission Dates of IIST B.Tech 2019
May 7, 2019
Online Application Form
May 22, 2019
Final Date for Filling of Application Form
June 5, 2019
Declaration of Merit List
Third week of June 2019
Third week to the fourth week of June 2019
IIST B.Tech 2019 Seat Allotment
Fourth week of June to the fourth week of July 2019
IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019
All the aspirants must read the eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form.
• The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Date of birth:
• Candidates belonging to general and OBC categories must be born on or after October 1, 1994.
• Candidates who are SC, ST, and PH must be born on or after October 1, 1989.
3. List of qualifying exam:
• Candidates must have passed any of the 10+2 exams.
• Intermediate or two-year pre-university exam conducted by a recognized university/ board.
• The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary.
• Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc. recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
4. Percentage Marks in the Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent):
• Candidates belonging to the general category must have scored at least 75 % aggregate marks.
• Candidates belonging to SC/ST should have scored at least 65% aggregate marks.
• The subjects that will be taken into account for calculating the aggregate marks are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, any language and any other subject.
5. JEE Advanced:
• Candidates must clear the JEE Advanced exam.
• General category candidates must score at least 20% marks in JEE Advanced i.e 72 marks out of 360 and at least 6 marks out of 120 in each of the three subjects
• OBC-NCL candidates must score at least 65 marks out of 360 marks and 5 marks out of 120 in each of the three subjects.
• SC, ST, and PD candidates must score at 10% marks i.e. 36 marks out of 360 and 3 marks out of 120 in each of the three subjects.
6. Reservation Criteria:
The number of seats reserved for different categories is
• Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
• Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
• Persons with Disabilities (PD): 5% (Horizontal Reservation
• Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL): 27%
Amount (in INR)
General and OBC
General and OBC
All SC, ST & PD
Male & Female
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram - 695 547