CAT i.e. Common Admission Test 2019 is going to release its notification this year. This is good news for the candidates who want to be part of the top universities and colleges of India.
CAT 2019 is a national level aptitude test for admission in MBA, PGDM, and other post-graduate management courses in India. This exam is conducted by IIM annually which is conducted in 2 sessions across 140 centers.
Important Dates (Tentative):
CAT Exam Notification Date
July 27, 2019
CAT 2019 Registration Start Date
August 5, 2019
Last Date to Apply for CAT 2019
September 20, 2019
CAT Exam Registration & Application Fee
CAT Exam Admit card Download Start date
October 24, 2019
Last Date for CAT 2019 Admit Card Download
November 24, 2019
CAT 2019 Exam date
November 24, 2019
CAT 2019 Result date
January 7, 2020
• The CAT 2019 is going to release its notification on July 27 (tentative date).
• After the publication, a week later registration process will start.
• The CAT notification will consist of all the details like eligibility, Age, Registration details, Admit cards, Examination date. So, read the details carefully and thoroughly.
• CAT has added eligibility criteria with details of eligibility offered by the 20 IIMs.
• Aspirants who have a graduate degree with minimum 50% marks or completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA), or are in the final year of bachelor’s degree can appear in this examination.
• There is no age bar to appear in this aptitude test.
• Candidates who possess an equivalent examination recognized by the MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India) as an equivalent qualification) can also apply.
• The aptitude test will have a duration of 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
• There will be 100 questions divided into 3 sections of VARC, DILR and Quantitative Ability.
• The 100 question would be in both MCQ and Non-MCQ types of questions.
• The Non-MCQ part will have no negative marking but the rest of the questions will have a penalty of 1/3.
• Minimum qualifying score required by IIMs in each section is 70 to 90 percent for the students to reach to the final round of admission.
• Aspirants who have a good academic profile along with high scores in the entrance test have better chance to get into IIMs (helpful tip).
CAT 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus for CAT 2019 has not been updated yet but by analyzing the exam history, here is the syllabus which would help the interested aspirants to prepare for getting their dreams to come true.
Verbal and Reading Comprehension
Verbal reasoning, antonyms and synonyms, analogies and reverse analogies, sentence correction, facts inference judgments, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks, syllogism, summary questions, passage-based questions
Area graph, Venn diagram, Line and Pie Charts, Column and Bar graphs, Caselets and Tables
Number and letter series, Syllogism, Clocks, calendars and cubes, Directions, Blood relations, Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Logical sequence, Matrix, and linear arrangement
Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Mixtures and Allegations, Ratio & Proportion, Logarithm, Time & Work, Functions, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Mensuration
CAT 2019 Result:
In the second week of January 2020, the result would be announced on their official website.The results can be checked by following these few steps:
1. Log on to the official CAT website.
2. Select the option of ‘Download Scorecard’.
3. Enter your User ID and Password to know your CAT Result.
4. On your account’s page, you can download the scorecard.
5. Download the result and take print out copies for future reference.
Here is a quick checklist of this notification below:
3 (Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)
CAT 2019 Participating Institutes
IIMs, IITs, FMS, ISB and other business schools
CAT 2019 Cut Off:
• The cut off for CAT 2019 will be decided after considering factors like the number of applicants, difficulty level of exam, seats available and previous years’ cut off.
• Each IIM will announce its cut off for shortlisting aspirants for the selection process separately.
• Candidates must clear sectional and overall cut off to be eligible for the subsequent rounds. The overall cut off for IIMs usually falls between 90- 99 percentile.
• The top 3 IIMs- Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta have a cut off over 99 percentile. Cut off for other top business schools like FMS, JBIMS, and SPIJMR is over 95 percent.